AN INTRO


CTS - IDEA JOURNALS

1960's hippies

We were introduced to colourful, inspiring slides of superheroes and their meaning during the first lecture. Why, you may ask? As an intro to IDJ - Idea Journals.

After explanation, I understood the purpose of idea journals in this first semester, that is to allow us to creatively document out ideas and train of thought down on paper, because every ounce of it is precious. Doing this also helps to structure and organize our heads. Basically, IDJs are handwritten and hand-drawn pages of structured ideas.

Superheroes. What kind of superhero would I be? What powers would I possess?

The first ever: My Superhero. We had to elaborate on our superpower, concept, outlook and all. Here is the slide brief.



Below are the pages of my actual idea journal. Being the first, I put a lot of thought and effort into making the pages something that reflects me and my ideas. I liked imagining and seeing my it become reality on paper. The concept of my graphic layout and design deserve some explanation - I realize the technique I prefer is the collage format, cutting and pasting different materials on my IDJ to create a variety of graphics. I have a habit of cutting up magazines and newspapers for photos I like and I save them in a folder, so that helped a bit.





IDJ 1 was exciting to do as it was new to me. I was happy with my work J but I needed to improve on my flow of ideas as they could be stunted at times.


*********************************************************************************

For the second round of IDJs, we advanced a step further to discovering our superhero: The Superhero Hideout.



Idj 2 imagine your superhero hide out from suehwa533


 As interior design and identity interested me, I enjoyed researching on the type of habitat that suited my superhero best. Although it was draining and time-consuming, I took the effort to make this journal rather intricate and detailed because there was so much to share! I realized that I had used a greater variety of collage and paper for this one. *Photos coming soon J

I was proud of the IDJ, as always, and submitted it with high hopes. I learned that a consistent flow of ideas and handwork was much needed to progress productively on this series of journals.

*********************************************************************************


Our third IDJ: The Superhero Appearance. This one was slightly unique as we had to include the design of an invitation layout to the event, besides more detailed justification and elaboration on it as well. We could also provide details on the appearance, so to let the public discover us as a superhero. 




I think I enjoyed doing this IDJ the most J mostly because I like reading about hippies and their freedom lifestyle. I also strived to make the layout and design slightly simpler and less compact for easy reading on this one. Here is my work:



Idj 3 from suehwa533


This IDJ taught me that simplicity and straightforwardness could sometimes be the best way.


*********************************************************************************

 Our fourth and final IDJ: it consists of the compilation of all the previous IDJs, upgrading and completing the compilation as a single file, and also designing the book cover.



What I compiled: the pages of our survival kit group journal, the idea process of the IDJs, the actual IDJs, and lastly, my individual boardgame proposal. Here are some of the photos. 

<iframe src="//www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/36551431" width="479" height="511" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" style="border:1px solid #CCC; border-width:1px 1px 0; margin-bottom:5px; max-width: 100%;" allowfullscreen> </iframe> <div style="margin-bottom:5px"> <strong> <a href="https://www.slideshare.net/suehwa533/idj-compilation-36551431" title="IDJ compilation" target="_blank">IDJ compilation</a> </strong> from <strong><a href="http://www.slideshare.net/suehwa533" target="_blank">suehwa533</a></strong> </div>

*********************************************************************************

Whole sem long, doing my IDJ was like a form of release: of ideas, of stress. I liked the whole concept of penning my ideas down on paper for sharing :) will miss it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment