AN INTRO


ITD - P.1B Measure and Diagram It

Manuelvilla - plan sketch

The next Introduction to Drawing project was overwhelming. Being exposed to real architectural and building drawing for the first time took us all by storm. Even with the help of related lectures and practice tutorials, we felt on our own for this assignment as there were so many details and questions to consider before drawing. Only the independent could survive: continuous measuring, checking and drafting had to be done to make sure drawings were accurate. For drawings, the only way to be accurate is perfection. Attached is the brief.



Drawing project1 b (1) from suehwa533

Each group could choose a block of a specific floor in campus as their site to draw on. Everyone voted Block D, Level 7, the block containing  IT Department, and many computer labs and classes. Here are some photos.

Block D signage

West wing

East wing

The stairs area

Even though this was assessed individually, we were given the choice to measure in our previous project group. With company, usually in pairs or three people, we measured details of our site from the length of the walls to the thickness of the windows, basically measurement we needed to produce the plan and circulation drawing to scale, with our 10 metre-long measuring tapes. This was quite a challenge for not only my group, but everyone else as well, as there seemed to be countless measurements that we seem to miss out, so more than one measuring session was needed. Not only that, the amount of time and effort needed to draw the drawings perfectly to scale and also to pen them was unlike anything we ever done. Lastly, understanding the meaning of composing a presentation board and actually doing it was tough. Even so, we managed to get by with help from friends and from lecturers alike.

Below is the photo of my presentation board.

A1-sized presentation board

On presentation day, we submitted and received our grades on the day itself. I got an average grade despite the time and sweat I invested in it. Along the process of completing the assignment, I realized a long list of mistakes I had made and how I could have corrected it, regarding both my drawings and presentation board composition. I made up my mind to let it go this time, but learn from it for the next drawing assignment. I didn't want to walk through another disappointment, so I made sure to prepare myself earlier for the next one. In short, this assignment was a very challenging one but I'm glad I gained the experience :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment