AN INTRO


ITD - FINAL P. > Orthographic Drawings

Building block art 

The final ITD project was definitely less hectic than the first. It seemed like all of us had gotten a better foothold and experience in drawing and preparation.

For this time, we had to produce even more detailed drawings after selecting a 10 by 10 metre site located on our previous block. It was sort of the same process as our second project, but zooming in into more intricate components, and even highlighting how these work, through the construction details. Below is a copy of the project brief.



Final project brief from suehwa533

I chose the classroom D7.01 as my site, a quiet room at the corner of the corridor, as less people use it. Because I couldn't do it alone, Anna, Pei Kei and Samantha would accompany me to measure details such as the height of columns and length of the room, besides recording them down for me. In exchange, I helped them on their sites as well.

Below are some photos of my site, and me measuring the length of corridor to make 10 metres.

Exterior view

Interior view

Marking the length of corridor with foot

Here are the photos of my two A2-sized presentation board. This time, simple composition for me!



On final submission day, the lecturers, as usual, took a while to grade our works privately. Thereafter, we said goodbye to the last ITD class for the sem in a sentimental and happy mood: the lecturers congratulated us on our momentum doing this project even though time was not on our side. They were impressed on how quickly we improved from the last round, how the drawings we produced had quality. Everyone felt more positive after that comment :)

I learnt A LOT from this last assignment. Continuous checking must be done on drawings to make sure they are accurate to the very last detail, besides using the correct conventions and symbols. I was satisfied and proud of my work, though I still have much to improve.


0 comments:

Post a Comment